Friday, June 27, 2008

beatles and letters

i am sitting here on my floor, listening to your old beatles albums (you certainly did have an amazing collection - even though it looks like half of them are mysteriously "gone") and reading the letters you sent her...you loved her so very much...so very very much...

ironic that there was a letter in the box dated exactly thirty six years ago today...you were so young and hopeful...you believed so much in that love...what happens to love when time goes by?...does it, in fact, wither away and die?...does it break under the pressures of reality?...or did it never really exist at all....simply an escape from an otherwise dreary world of war and small town stagnancy...

i smelled your shirts today...they still smell like you...but one day i know that smell will be gone...i took some of your cologne and i put it on your shirt so i could smell you...perhaps you are the reason why i love a good, strong manly smell!...

i miss you talking in circles and never making sense...i miss you making me crazy with our late night talks when you would come home from work late at night...i miss how you used to rub my head at night while i was sleeping after you came home from work...

you used to tell me how proud you were of me...how much you loved my strength...how much you respected my determination...

i know tomorrow i will be happy and fine...life goes on...but for tonight...as i listen to the beatles and read your letters...i am going to cry....because i can...

cg

5 comments:

comfydildo said...

I know you can't feel a hug just because I type that I'm sending you one, but I hope that knowing all your blogging friends care brings you some comfort anyway.

DnWormer said...

It's good to have some tangible things to augment such great memories.

curiousgirl said...

@comfy - thanks...it was one of those moments...

@mnwhr - well put...thank you..

cg

Percy said...

enjoy the memories

Aneris said...

Tears clean the soul, so we can start anew.